Hello again! How about some sweet chili shrimps for lunch?🦐🦐🦐 🌶🌶🌶It’s a very simple, quick and easy recipe you’ll surely enjoy!
340g shrimps (see pic below of the brand I used which I bought from Walmart🤫)
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoon oil or butter
3 cloves chopped garlic
2-3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons banana catsup
1 tablespoon sweet chili catsup/sauce
1 tablespoon brown/white sugar
2 pcs Thai chilis (or any kind accdg to your liking😊)
1. Clean shrimps by trimming the spike and antennae. Dry shrimps with paper towel or drain thoroughly.
2. Heat pan on medium heat, add oil/butter then sautè chopped garlic about 1 minute.
3. In a bowl, mix salt, sugar, banana catsup, chili sauce and orange juice.
4. Add shrimps to sautéed garlic then pour the sauce mixture.
5. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Shrimps cook really fast and overcooking them will make the scales stick to the meat, making it hard to peel/eat.
6. Add chopped chilis and serve right away with hot steamed rice!🍚
You may adjust the salt, sugar level to your liking. I’d like mine on the sweet side but my hubby doesn’t like it it too sweet so we have to compromise. 🥰