Contact information, map and directions, contact form, opening hours, services, ratings, photos, videos and announcements from Om Acupuncture & Herbs, 955 Dairy Ashford #120, Houston, TX.
Excited to offer my 3 part full training program in NY. The Neuroanatomy cadaver labs are invaluable learning to improve your needling. Did you know the LingShu contains detailed neuro anatomical info that modern science didn’t know until 10 years ago? Let me show you how learning to target nerve trunk and branches allow you to get reproducible results for any pain, entrapment and internal medicine conditions. In module 3 learn how I help patients with CNS problems with my MRI research of the brain. No more poke and pray. Tell your patients where and what they will feel before you needle, achieve exactly what you set out to. Let me show you how to use e-stim to activate an entire kinetic chain with just one needle. Retrain muscles to fire in the right order. Stabilize-strengthen joints immediately. My pearls on how I help patients avoid knee, hip, back and shoulder surgery. Let me open your eyes to the untapped power of acupuncture combined with neuroanatomy. See why I am the practitioner that other acupuncturist go to for their own problems. For more info go to www.Dao-collective.com
Eight Easy Ways To Help Live Till Hundred Years Without Dementia
Alzheimer's disease, commonly known as "decline in memory disease", is a disease that every child does not want to happen to their parents. In order to prevent Alzheimer's disease, parents can actually do a lot of preventive measures.
1. Drink a glass of lukewarm water immediately after getting up:
The human body loses 500ml of water during one night's sleep and needs to be refilled immediately after getting up. Moreover, lukewarm water can help raise body temperature. Every 1℃ increase in body temperature will increase the basic metabolism process of the body by 10%.
2. Drink fruit juice at least 3 times a week:
Drinking vegetable or fruit juice at least 3 times a week can reduce the risk of dementia (Alzheimer's disease) by 75%.
3. Expose to sun for 15 minutes each day:
A moderate amount of sunlight shows that the human body generates vitamin D, and research shows that vitamin D has anti-cancer effects.
4. Eat a few pieces of dark chocolate:
Make it a habit of bringing and eating just a few pieces of dark chocolate with you while working. Eating a few pieces of dark chocolate can replenish your energy and help improve work efficiency; and dark chocolate is rich in polyphenols, which helps fight aging. At the same time, it has a low glycemic index, which helps control blood sugar.
5. Do household chores such as cooking:
Housework habits like cooking. Studies have shown that people who like to cook are less likely to get dementia. Worrying about three meals a day is a benign stimulus to the brain.
6. Avoid carbonated drinks:
Try to avoid carbonated beverages, processed foods, cola and other carbonated beverages. Processed foods such as instant foods contain a large amount of phosphorus, which will hinder the body's absorption of calcium and is harmful to our bones.
7. Get used to do proper exercise:
Proper and right amount of exercise to induce sweating in order to help expel toxins accumulated in the body. One of the common characteristics of those who try to lose 5% of weight and live healthy to a hundred years old is that they are not obese. As long as their weight is reduced by 5%, the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure will decrease.
8. 30 minutes swift walking:
Swift walk for 30 minutes a day. Studies have shown that the people with the highest mortality rate are those who hardly walk. Walking 30 minutes a day can promote blood circulation and help health and longevity.
From qi Huang health care post
[Free App] The Tapping Solution for Kids
Do This Daily Routine To Boost Your Immune System
Steph Lowe, founder of The Natural Nutritionist and resident Nutritionist at Melrose, shares how to nourish your immune system.
Clever Hacks With Aloe Vera You Will Love
9 Foods and Drinks to Promote Better Sleep
Having certain foods and drinks before bed can help you sleep better. Learn about the sleep-promoting effects of almonds, tea, and more.
Gundry MD: Get The Big Benefits of Olive Oil in 2021
If You Get COVID 19: Optimize Immune System (Vitamin D, Monoclonal Antibodies, NAC, Quercetin etc.)
Professor Roger Seheult, MD gives practical strategies if you test positive for COVID-19 (or are in contact with someone who tests positive) including:0:00 V...
Coronavirus Update 59: Dr. Roger Seheult's Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC)
COVID-19 Update 59 with Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.MedCram.comWe recorded this video in response to your comments asking what Dr. Seheult's daily regim...
Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2)
Professor Roger Seheult, MD explains the important role Vitamin D may have in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. Dr. Seheult illustrates how Vitamin ...
Chemical Compounds in Foods Can Inhibit a Key SARS-CoV-2 Enzyme
Green tea, muscadine grape and dark chocolate chemical compounds inhibit an important SARS-CoV-2 enzyme.
Best supplements for blood pressure: One of the ‘most effective’ capsules for hypertension
SUPPLEMENTS could be used to lower your risk, or even prevent, some high blood pressure symptoms. Adding these cheap capsules to your daily diet could help to lower your risk of the signs and symptoms of hypertension. It's "one of the most effective" natural remedies for high blood pressure.
Science Is Finally Proving The Existence Of Meridian Points Throughout The Human Body
It may seem counterintuitive, but there are many instances where science can actually hold us back from new discoveries and knowledge. Unfortunately, mainstream science is quick to discount anything which cannot be physically seen or felt, making notions like ‘energy points’ within the body seem...
Prisma Health introduces VESper
VESper™ is a new device that allows one ventilator to support up to four patients under emergency use authorization by the FDA.
A medical team from the Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University in China has reported the successful treatment of coronavirus patients with vitamin C. In a press release posted on the hospital website, the team describes how patients suffering from severe coronary pneumonia, a potentially fatal complication of the new coronavirus COVID-19, have recovered after being treated with high doses of the vitamin. The medical team recommend that for critically ill patients and those with severe neonatal pneumonia, vitamin C treatment should be initiated as soon as possible after admission to hospital.
The mechanism of pe*******on of any virus is the glycosylation of the virus's proteins when he attached to the attacked cell. The aim of glycosylation is to shut down the immune reactions of the cell as an answer to invasion.
Who is the first aim of viruses?
- People who have a diet full of fast carbohydrates. Please note that very useful fruits can be also dangerous if your body is weakened,
- People with an imbalance of essential mineral of Dr. Samokhotsky (Mg++, Ca++, K+, Na+). The electric potentials on the cell's membranes are highly dependent on this balance. Low potential make cells weak.
- Lack of vitamins also considerably deprives cells off the power.
Here are 5 simple steps to remain healthy at any epidemic.
1. Avoid fast carbs in the diet. Food should have more proteins and spices. Avoid any sweets, fruits etc - even honey may be dangerous in this situation.
2. Use mucolytics are used to improve the quality of mucous secretions to promote expectoration. Guaifenesin (glycerol guaiacolate) is a derivative of a compound isolated from beech wood. Guaifenesin is an approved over-the-counter expectorant and mucolytic. Alternatives include N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and bromelain. Mucolytics also help to break glycosylation of the virus's proteins.
3. Use propolis tincture - several drops a day with any drinks. Trees, where the propolis is harvested by bees, have a considerably longer period of adaptation on the Earth. During millions of years, they worked out chemical essence to protect themselves from any invasions and each year this essence has specific components with some prediction of possible future attacks that develop cyclically. Big Pharma is extremely primitive in this relation.
4. Vitamins in good proportions. Please note officially recommended dosages are lower 10-100 times then your body needs. It is your task to establish correct personal dosage - start with low dosages and increase gradually. Track carefully any symptoms of overdosage.
5. Use Pulse Metabolic Analysis to balance your Mg++, Ca++, K+ and Na+ for the strong order of cell metabolism.
Then you are absolutely defenced. Die only weakened organism and it is the law of Nature.
Remember - the enemy is not outside. But you are yourself maybe the worst enemy for themself due to fear and ignorance.
ACE or Angiotensin blocker inhibitors, potential risk factors for fatal covid19
Article Related content Article metrics Rapid responses Response Rapid Response: Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19 Dear Editor, The coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) outbreak from Wuhan, China, is spreading worldwide and is a major int...
CDC tells people over 60 or who have chronic illnesses like diabetes to stock up on goods and buckle down for a lengthy stay at home
CDC tells people over 60 or who have chronic illnesses like diabetes to stock up on goods and buckle down for a lengthy stay at home
The CDC recommends that people over 60 and anyone with chronic medical conditions stock up on goods and buckle down for a lengthy stay home.
Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’, study says
Health authorities advise people to stay 1-2 metres apart, but researchers found that a bus passenger infected fellow travellers sitting 4.5 metres away.
Some public health officials are now admitting that masks do in fact help prevent the spread of the virus and do in fact help protect the users (what a surprise, and thanks for finally deciding that we're worthy not to be lied to) .
The problem is our public health officials were completely unprepared for this (another massive surprise there). SARS, MERS, Ebola and so forth apparently weren't enough hints of things to come to warrant stockpiling sufficient masks and to prepare an organized response. Ok, rant over (for now).
So the problem here is that healthcare workers need masks to protect them and there aren't enough to go around. We already posted that N95 masks do NOT seem to fare better than surgical masks (aka medical masks/aka blue "crappy" masks). In fact, in a study looking at the influenza virus and comparing mask efficacy (yes we know influenza is not the same, but for the purposes of a pathogen that can be airborne it is a useful comparison) found that more people got the flu that wore N95 masks than those that wore surgical masks. The difference was not statistically significant, but the point is that you are just as protected with a surgical mask if not more protected.
Now, how do we use masks and not increase the mask shortage for healthcare providers? We can reuse them by sanitizing them with alcohol.
According to Dr. Huang Ching-tai, chief of the Infectious Diseases Division at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Linkou, "spraying alcohol ***on both sides*** of a used mask also allows a mask to be worn again as long as it was not damaged or contaminated" .
We recommend using a solution that is at least 70% alcohol (for example, isopropyl alcohol bottles are usually 70%) or higher if you have access to it. If you are wearing it all day long, then we recommend spraying it 2-3x/day. We further recommend letting the alcohol evaporate before putting the mask back on 🙂
UV sterilization may also work if you have a phone sanitizer such as the "phone soap" brand that we posted about earlier. Keep in mind that these suggestions have not yet been scientifically validated yet, but we do know that alcohol in sufficient concentrations kills enveloped coronaviruses like the current strain (SARSCoV2) .
#sarscov2 #coronavirus #handwashing #alcohol #masks #n95 #n99 #p100 #surgicalmasks #medicalmasks #surgicalmask #mask #lotuscenter #publichealth
Taipei, Feb. 2 (CNA) Face masks can be used repeatedly after being disinfected properly, doctors said Sunday amid widespread reports of panic buying of hard-to-get surgical masks in Taiwan as people try to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Reposting from another forum:
Reposting a *really* informative post on COVID-19 that's useful for everybody to know, but critical to know for my medical colleagues.
From a doctor (lots of medical speak):
Notes from the front lines:
I attended the Infectious Disease Association of California (IDAC) Northern California Winter Symposium on Saturday 3/7. In attendance were physicians from Santa Clara, San Francisco and Orange Counties who had all seen and cared for COVID-19 patients, both returning travelers and community-acquired cases. Also present was the Chief of ID for Providence hospitals, who has 2 affected Seattle hospitals under his jurisdiction. Erin Epson, CDPH director of Hospital Acquired Infections, was also there to give updates on how CDPH and CDC are handling exposed health care workers, among other things. Below are some of the key take-aways from their experiences.
1. The most common presentation was one week prodrome of myaglias, malaise, cough, low grade fevers gradually leading to more severe trouble breathing in the second week of illness. It is an average of 8 days to development of dyspnea and average 9 days to onset of pneumonia/pneumonitis. It is not like Influenza, which has a classically sudden onset. Fever was not very prominent in several cases. The most consistently present lab finding was lymphopenia (with either leukocytosis or leukopenia). The most consistent radiographic finding was bilateral interstitial/ground glass infiltrates. Aside from that, the other markers (CRP, PCT) were not as consistent.
2. Co-infection rate with other respiratory viruses like Influenza or RSV is 24 hours apart.
10. All suggested ramping up alternatives to face-to-face visits, tetemedicine, “car visits”, telephone consultation hotlines.
11. Some larger hospital systems are using a variety of alternative respiratory triage at the Emergency Departments.
12. Health Departments state the Airborne Infection Isolation Room (AIIR) is the least important of all the suggested measures to reduce exposure. Contact and droplet isolation in a regular room is likely to be just as effective. One heavily affected hospital in the area is placing all “undifferentiated pneumonia” patients not meeting criteria for COVID testing in contact+droplet isolation for 2-3 days while seeing how they respond to empiric treatment and awaiting additional results.
Feel free to share. All PUIs in the county so far have been negative.
Martha L. Blum, MD, PhD
955 Dairy Ashford #120
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Om Acupuncture & Herbs posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Contact The Business
Send a message to Om Acupuncture & Herbs:
Nearby food & beverage services
12345 Bellaire B6
11205 Bellaire BLVD
6135 Corporate Dr,
6919 S Kirkwood Rd
11907 High Star Dr.
5757 Ranchester Dr., Suite #300
5757 Ranchester Dr, Ste 300
11920 Beechnut St
12148 Bellaire Blvd Suite 101
9351 Boone Rd
3000 Hayes Rd
2900 Wilcrest Dr, Ste 220
Other Houston food & beverage services
510 Texas St
6125 W Sam Houston Pkwy N, Ste 206
1415 S Voss Rd
1532 W Gray St
11918 Dover St
3811 Ennis at Alabama
1177 West Loop South, Ste 800
5757 South Loop E
12236 Cutten Road, Houston Tx