Some new additions to the homestead today…
We raise meat hogs, Nigerian Dwarf goats, laying chickens, meat chickens, roosters and call ducks!!
Some new additions to the homestead today…
Some Call Ducks growing in the incubator!!
Our new additions today!! Everyone meet Kate and Delilah!!
Out and about with my critters last night at feeding time…
Cold Creek Farm here in Parish NY is ready for sales...Chicks, hatching eggs and farm fresh eggs are all available.
Some pics of everyone out enjoying the warm weather…
Our call ducks, white brahmas and salmon favorolles
We have one pig left up for grabs for the end of July butcher date… you can take a whole or half! $2.75 a pound hanging and you pay the butcher as well!!
We have eggs available! The ladies are back to laying!! 😁
Some of our babies that have hatched.
We have chicks hatching today!!!
Brown Eggs, Blue Eggs, and Green Eggs
When you crack a brown egg open, the inside of the shell will be white. When you crack a blue egg open, the inside of the shell will be blue. The color or "dye" is applied by the hen depending on the breed. Brown egg layers apply the brown color fairly late in the egg laying process and, therefore, it doesn't pe*****te the shell. It takes 26 hours in total to form an egg. A brown egg layer will apply the color in the last 4 to 6 hours of the laying process. Blue egg layers apply the color early in the process, therefore, the blue pigment pe*****tes to the inside of the shell. Green egg layers are a result of a blue egg laying breed and a brown egg laying breed, thus, creating a green exterior shell that is blue inside.
Fascinating stuff :)
We will have barnyard mix chicks hatching next week!! Let me know if you’re interested!! Also the girls are laying pretty good again so I will have farm fresh eggs as well!!
And we will have barnyard mix chicks at the end of the month!! Let me know if you are in need!!
The newest editions to the farm tonight.. five little piggies🐷🐖
Need to know when you should start growing your seeds inside? Here’s a little chart for you!!
First duck eggs in the incubator!! 🦆
More great feedback from our customers! Remember if you are interested in a half or whole pig in late August early September contact me to reserve yours!!
Another satisfied customer this time around 🙂 contact used to reserve yours for the end of July before they’re spoken for!!
Pigs are gone to butcher and are all claimed!!! The next round comes in March and should go to butcher in late July!!! Thank you all for your continued support!!!
Just another satisfied pork customer 🙂
The ducks and their friend peacock are loving their new home…
Our new piglets will be ready to go late January.. let me know if you’d like a whole or half!! Message soon because they go quick and I have one and a half already sold as I post this!!
I have four bucklings (two sets of twins) available.
Had someone back out on the first set so they are available now or at the end of August if you want them banded. They are Pygmy/ND mix.
The second set can go September 7th or if banded October 12th. They are 3/4 ND and 1/4 Boer.
They are electric fence trained as well.
Located Parish NY
We have some more babies on the way!! Two and counting 🐷🐷
A couple new little guys born this afternoon to Izzy
We have fresh born babies… pictures coming soon!!!!
Fresh picked zucchini and squash up for grabs
Some of our Old English Bantam chicks
FACTS ABOUT CUCUMBERS
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your taps, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the
shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
A new little girl addition to the crew tonight!! 🐐🐐
Second peachick hatched !! 🦚🦚
Our first zucchini and squash of the season 🌱🌱
Our first peachick hatched this morning 🦚🦚
Some late hatchers this morning… three little snowflake quail 🐣
Our new kids added to the flock Salmon Favorolles… excited to see what these seven toed fluff balls produce
New and improved!!! Had to add some color 🙂
Lots of action going on around the farm… chicks of all different ages in the brooder (snowflake quail 1 day old, old English banty chickens 2 weeks old, meat chickens 1 week old, snowflake quail and call ducks 3 weeks old, pheasants 1 month old), 2 week old bucklings, mama goats are all expecting and some will be freshening soon.. and everyone else…
Some newly hatched snowflake quail..
Fresh butt nuggets 3️⃣/dozen contact me if you want some!!
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Cold Creek Farm posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Cold Creek Farm: