Windy Hill Farm

Contact the business

Windy Hill Farm Howdy! We are a small family owned & operated farm since 1946 on the outskirts of Weatherford, Texas.
(1)

George wants to thank everyone for all the love, thoughts, & prayers being sent his way ❤️‍🩹We’re happy to share that ou...
10/13/2026

George wants to thank everyone for all the love, thoughts, & prayers being sent his way ❤️‍🩹

We’re happy to share that our little man continues to remain stable! His temperature, white blood cell count, & protein levels have all been holding steady, which is encouraging news!

We’re certainly not out of the critical stage just yet, but we’re cautiously optimistic & taking every bit of good news as a blessing!

During our visit today, we brought George a special blanket that Karen, Pearl, & Bones had all loved on, so he could have a little piece of home with him while he continues his fight ❤️

At this point, it’s simply a waiting game as we continue taking things one day, one minute, & sometimes even one second at a time.

Please keep those prayers coming! We’re holding onto hope that brighter days are still ahead for our sweet George. Until our next update!

George’s GoFundMe: https://gofund.me/fd4eed4f6

After a rather worrisome morning, we’re thankful to have a little encouraging news to share about our sweet George ❤️‍🩹T...
10/12/2026

After a rather worrisome morning, we’re thankful to have a little encouraging news to share about our sweet George ❤️‍🩹

Thankfully, our little man is doing okay at the moment! His latest bloodwork came back, & while his protein levels aren’t exactly where we’d like them, they’re not at a point of major concern as of right now. We’ll certainly take that as a blessing!

At this point, George will likely be staying at the clinic for the remainder of the week while his incredible team continues keeping a close eye on him & help him through this difficult stretch.

We’re hoping to visit our sweet boy tomorrow & can’t wait to see his little face!

Thank you all for continuing to love, pray for, & cheer on our little George. Every encouraging word & prayer means more than you know.

Until our next update!

George’s GoFundMe:

Meet George, our sweet 16 year old miniature horse and one … Sarah Beth Payne needs your support for A Little Horse, A Big Fight: George’s Battle Against Colitis

Little George’s fundraiser is officially on GoFundMe now ❤️‍🩹
10/12/2026

Little George’s fundraiser is officially on GoFundMe now ❤️‍🩹

Meet George, our sweet 16 year old miniature horse and one … Sarah Beth Payne needs your support for A Little Horse, A Big Fight: George’s Battle Against Colitis

Unfortunately, our little George has taken a turn, & we’re asking everyone to please keep those prayers coming ❤️‍🩹Since...
10/12/2026

Unfortunately, our little George has taken a turn, & we’re asking everyone to please keep those prayers coming ❤️‍🩹

Since his diagnosis of colitis, our hope was to get him through this without developing any additional symptoms, with diarrhea being one of our biggest concerns as it could indicate his colitis is progressing. Unfortunately, this morning we received the news we’d been hoping to avoid.

His team are running another round of bloodwork as we speak to check his protein levels & determine where things stand. Depending on those results, George may need plasma infusions, which can become quite costly. However, we’re trying not to get ahead of ourselves until we have a clearer picture of what our little man needs.

For now, we’re taking things a minute at a time, continuing to hope & pray for better news.

While George continues his fight at the clinic, his little pasture pal Karen, pictured here, has been taking his absence particularly hard. These two are quite the pair, & only hope that she understands when we give her updates that her best friend is receiving the care he needs & that we’re doing everything we can to bring him home.

Please keep both George & Karen in your prayers. We’re holding onto hope that our sweet boy will be back home where he belongs soon!

For those who have asked how they can help with George’s ongoing vet care, we’ve included his GoFundMe below. Whether through a donation, sharing his fundraiser, or simply keeping him in your prayers, every bit of support means more than words can express.

❤️‍🩹 George’s GoFundMe: https://gofund.me/ceee7e3e8

Today, we got to spend a little time with George at the vet clinic ❤️‍🩹Seeing him so sick is heartbreaking, but watching...
10/11/2026

Today, we got to spend a little time with George at the vet clinic ❤️‍🩹

Seeing him so sick is heartbreaking, but watching him perk up a little when he saw us was such a sweet moment after an incredibly rough few days. He’s certainly proving just how incredibly strong he is!

Our little fighter remains under the watchful eyes of his wonderful veterinary team, receiving IV fluids, antibiotics, probiotics, & banamine as they continue working to get him feeling better.

As many of you know, this has been an especially difficult year for our sanctuary. Between unexpected emergencies, illnesses, & heartbreaking losses, there have certainly been days that have tested us all to our limits. But even in the midst of it all, we’ve had so many reasons to count our blessings.

One of the greatest has been the incredible people who continue to stand beside our little sanctuary, offering prayers, encouragement, & kindness when we’ve needed them most.

Thank you for reminding us that even during the hardest times, there’s still so much to be thankful for.

We’ll continue to share updates as we receive them, but until then, please keep those prayers coming! We’re hopeful that brighter days are just around the corner for our precious George ❤️‍🩹

10/10/2026

We received an update from one of George’s vets this morning ❤️‍🩹

Thankfully, our little man remained comfortable overnight, has been eating a little here & there, drinking water, & keeping himself quite entertained by playing with his water 😂

However, his white blood cell count continues to drop, & his temperature keeps spiking as his medication wears off. His team is concerned that he may develop more symptoms of colitis, so they’re being proactive with fluids, antibiotics, probiotics, & around the clock monitoring in hopes of staying ahead of any further complications.

With that, the decision has been made to keep George hospitalized throughout the weekend, & we’ll reevaluate things on Monday. We’re also hoping to visit our sweet boy tomorrow!

While we certainly wish he were home, we’re thankful he’s in good hands & receiving the care he needs.

We also want to give a special thank you to everyone at North Texas Veterinary Hospital . This year has certainly brought its fair share of challenges, & their team has gone above & beyond for us time & time again. From the countless appointments to the unexpected emergencies, they’ve been there for us & our animals through it all. We truly don’t know what we would do without them, & we’re incredibly thankful to have such a wonderful team looking after the animals we love so dearly!

Please keep those prayers coming! Until our next update, we’re trusting that brighter days are ahead for our little George ❤️‍🩹

Following our update earlier today, George was thankfully able to make it to the clinic for a more thorough examination....
10/10/2026

Following our update earlier today, George was thankfully able to make it to the clinic for a more thorough examination.

During his examination, our vet discovered that both of his patellas were locked. However, that still didn’t explain his low grade fever, heavy breathing, loss of appetite, or why he simply hadn’t been himself.

After several additional tests, George was diagnosed with colitis, which is inflammation of the large intestine.

Given everything going on, his vet team felt it was best for him to remain hospitalized for treatment & close monitoring.

At this time, he’ll be staying at least overnight, with the possibility of remaining through tomorrow or even the weekend. We’re hoping to know more tomorrow, but for now, we’re taking things day by day.

While we’re certainly shocked by the diagnosis, we’re incredibly grateful to finally have some answers & a plan moving forward!

Thank you to everyone who has been following along, checking in, & keeping our sweet boy in your prayers!

Please continue praying for George as we hope to have him feeling better & back home soon ❤️‍🩹

10/09/2026

We may finally have a clue as to what’s been going on with our little George!

When our vet examined him on Wednesday, she ran a test that measures inflammation in the body. His results were extremely elevated, but unfortunately, the test doesn’t tell you exactly where that inflammation is coming from.

Aside from his heavy breathing & slight temperature, his other vitals were reassuring, & he wasn’t showing any obvious signs of an injury. With the recent dry conditions, followed by rain & fluctuating temperatures, our vet initially suspected he might be coming down with some sort of infection, like a cold or flu.

Then last night, while checking on him before bed, we noticed something new. George was reluctant to move, & his right leg appeared to be locking up.

We spoke with our vet again this morning, & George has another appointment scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon! Ideally, we’d like to get him to the clinic for a more thorough examination, but if he isn’t able to load into the trailer, our vet will come here instead.

We’re praying this is the missing piece of the puzzle & that we can finally get our sweet boy feeling better!

We’ll do our best to update everyone when we can. In the meantime, we ask for continued prayers for our little George!

This year has certainly been a doozy!

Our boy has an upper respiratory infection with mild colic ❤️‍🩹 Prayers!
10/07/2026

Our boy has an upper respiratory infection with mild colic ❤️‍🩹 Prayers!

We need a few more prayers, this time for our Little George 💔We found him lying down this morning & were able to get him...
10/07/2026

We need a few more prayers, this time for our Little George 💔

We found him lying down this morning & were able to get him back on his feet, but he only ate a couple bites of his breakfast before lying back down. We contacted our vet, who believes we may be dealing with colic, so we are treating him accordingly & keeping a close eye on our little guy.

We also noticed that one of his front hooves is cracked, so our farrier will be coming out tomorrow to take a look at that as well.

For now, George is on stall rest with plenty of water, & sweet Karen hasn’t wandered far from his side, keeping her pasture pal company 🥺

Please keep our Little George in your prayers tonight 🙏🏻

Address

Poolville, TX

Website

Alerts

Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Windy Hill Farm posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Contact The Business

Send a message to Windy Hill Farm:

Shortcuts

Share

Category