Our family has always believed that healthy soil, healthy grass, healthy animals result in healthy meat and healthy families. And our pastures are the source of our own healthy meat. We do not use petro-chemical fertilizers or sludge from the city or herbicides, pesticides of any kind. We do use foliar fish oil mixed with kelp or organically- certified sea minerals to constantly build up the soil to maintain the good microbes that promote a healthy stand of grass. Mostly, we use our cows as “four-legged fertilizer spreaders”, recycling 90% of the nutrients they consume right back into the soil. We are constantly testing our soils, our forages and water to come up with that remaining 10%.
We seek to maintain a low carbon footprint by staying in sync with what Nature has given us and encouraging the diversity that was meant to be. So when you purchase Thistle Hill Beef you are not only giving yourself and your family pasture perfect beef that is tender, flavorful and healthy, you are also making a responsible choice for the environment.
This Saturday and next Saturday (12/14 & 12/21) 10:00-2:00! Come out to our Holiday Market at our Chapel Hill Farm Stand- there will be fresh baked sourdough bread, regenerative meats for your holiday meals (from us, Thistle Hill Farm and ), krauts and jelly from Two Chicks Farm , sweet potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, farm-y hot pepper and rosemary wreaths and holiday cheer from farmers and dogs! 413 Bowden Road, Chapel Hill. Be there or be without holiday cheer.