10/03/2026
The time has come to make a decision about Joker and to reduce my feed bill again. We’ve got so many repairs that need to be done on the house and the fencing that I’ve got to cut some costs.
I had originally planned to get Joker started under saddle before deciding on his future as a possible stallion prospect, but I am now leaning toward gelding him this fall. This is not due to any problems with him—he is still super easy to handle and is a love bug—but because I need to get down to three horses, and I do not want to sell him or either of the girls. He’s Arty’s last baby, and I absolutely adore him.
If I geld him, I will keep him and sell the gelding I bought to be his pasture companion, Rip (Catalina Star). That being said, if the right person came along with the right amount of money, I would consider selling him as a stallion prospect.
Any other ideas are welcome at this point.