🎣 SEAFOOD SAUSAGES 🍤😋👌🏻
Impress your friends with this seafood sausage as a starter or side with your next fish braai...👌🏻
If you enjoy a challenge in the kitchen, here it is.
Should you not have all the varieties of seafood called for, feel free to simplify matters slightly, and make up the mass by increasing the other ingredients. If there's no kingklip about, use musselcracker, geelbek, dageraad, monkfish, or white or red steenbras.
Don't be fazed by the lengthy method (sausage-making is surprisingly simple), or by the costy ingredients. The quantities of each are small, and the total cost surprisingly low. Sausage casings may be purchased by the kilogram or in measured smaller quantities, but when such a small quantity is required, bribe a friendly butcher to supply and measure it for you. If you have to purchase a large quantity, store the remainder - heavily salted - in the fridge. It keeps indefinitely. But these sausages are so delicious you'll probably be making another batch soon!
Makes 10 sausages.
• 3 meters sausage casings
• 50 g trimmed perlemoen, minced (or use alikreukel or periwinkle or limpets)
• 375 g filletted kingklip, skinned and cubed
• 50 g shelled mussels
• 125 g shelled raw prawns, deveined and halved
• 120 g lobster tail (shell-on weight), shelled and deveined
• 1 egg yolk
• 30 ml melted butter
• 75 ml cream
• 30 ml port
• 5 ml salt
• 5 ml milled black pepper
• 2 ml crushed garlic
• 20 ml chopped herbs (parsley, chives, marjoram)
• butter and sunfower oil for frying
• lemon wedges for squeezing
• 15 ml brandy
• 125 ml cream
• salt and milled black pepper
• Before sausage making can commence, soak the casings overnight in cold water to make them pliable and easier to handle.
• Just before using rinse well or run tap water like a hose through it.
• Mix all the seafood together and mince coarsely (ude the cutting disk with the largest holes).
• Beat together the egg yolk and melted butter, then add the cream, port, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well into the seafood with the herbs.
• No sausage filler...? No problem, the easiest way to fill the casings is through a large funnel, the hole measuring at least 2 cm. Thread the casing onto the nozzle, leaving about 8-10 cm hanging down.
• Place a few spoonfuls of the seafood mixture into the funnel and press it through the nozzle to fill the casing loosely. To prevent over-filling (which will cause the sausage to burst when cooking), flatten the sausage to a thickness of about 15 mm. Each sausage should be about 18 cm long, so be sure to leave 10 cm lengths of casing in between each, to cut and knot.
• Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan, drop in the sausages and blach for 30 seconds (this prevents them from bursting when cooking).
• They are now ready for frying, refrigerating or freezing.
• Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan and fry a few sausages at a time over medium heat until beautifully browned and cooked through - this should take about 10 minutes.
• Transfer to a warmed platter and keep hot.
• Pour brandy into the pan and flame. When the flame subside, deglaze the pan with a little water to melt all the lovely browning.
• Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce into a jug or sauceboat.
• Allow 2 sausages per person for a main course, or 1 for a starter.
• Pour over a ribbon of sauce, garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately. 👌🏻😋🍷
Makes 10 sausages.
MAKE AHEAD: The blanched sausages may be refrigerated for up to 3 days, or safely frozen for up to 2 months.
(Free from the sea)
🐟• +-2.3kg R160
🐟• +-2.6kg R180
🐟• +-3kg R200
🐟• +-3.5kg R230
🐝💯% Pure Raw Honey!🍯
Locally produced in the Garden Route and Little Karoo regions. Pure honey at it's best at the best prices!🍯
🍯• 500g Jar only R70
🍯• 1kg Jars only R130
Support local! 🐝🍯
Dit is handlyn snoek en DIESELFDE dag bewerk en geblast freeze om varsheid te verseker, en nie trawler of "bakkie snoek" nie, dus GEEN pap snoek nie!
Ook NIE ingevoerde cuttas van New Zealand wat as “snoek” verkoop word nie!
Kontak Jan op WhatsApp by 0832944653 vir bestellings met telefoon nommer, naam en adres en ons reël waar die vis afgelewer of opgetel kan word, of om op sentrale punt te ontmoet.
Visit and follow our page for available products, recipes, place orders and more!
Please note, prices are subject to change and availability.